ISTIA is the graduate School of Engineering of the University of Angers.
Created in 1991, ISTIA trains engineering students to meet companies’ expectations. Thanks to a strong partnership between the school and companies, students enjoy a thorough knowledge of the working field at each stage of the 5-year programme. A 2-year preparatory programme gives students a scientific, technical and personal background which is fundamental for enrolling in one of the four Master in Engineering degrees:
- Automation and Computer Engineering
- Industrial Systems, Innovation & Reliability
- Biology and Health Systems
- Civil Engineering, Buildings & Safety
A 3-year Engineering degree course
1st year: a scientific core focuses on industrial engineering with an opening towards personal development.
2nd & 3rd years: two years of specialization in 1 of the 4 programmes. Highly-specialized scientific skills and industrial professional know-how are taught in close partnership with the industrial environment.
- Teamwork, projects and internships are very important in the curriculum: 13-month internship over 3 years
- 100% of the students carry out an internship abroad (at least 3 months)
- A number of professional speakers share their experience of the industrial world
Since 2016, The School of Engineering is part of the Polytech Group as an associated faculty of the network of French universities.